I guess I'll do a Tahoe post later, but I wanted to write about our trip to Hume Lake. We went this past weekend from Friday to Monday with our church's youth group (and 1,000 other kids from around California). Eight kids from our church made a decision to follow Christ/recommitted to follow Christ which is awesome. I forgot how renewing it is to be around people for whom the gospel is resonating for the first time.
There was a ton of fresh, beautiful snow. Activities included broom hockey tournaments, boxsled races, snowball fights, and other wild behavior. It was really a great time for the kids to get away for some fun and some depth.
Here we are at a broom hockey game, followed by a photo of the gorgeous view:
Also, Jonathan turned the big 3-0 yesterday! I can't believe it! We got some tasty dinner from the Ginger Cafe and I made a chocolate sourdough cake with coffee frosting to bring to home group. I'm throwing him a party on Sunday night at a popular restaurant in Palo Alto with a bunch of our friends. The place is known for their burgers and even more so for their milkshakes :). He's such a fantastic husband and friend to all!


LOVE the Hume photo--looks so different in the winter! And wow--30! I thought my Jonathan was older than yours, but I guess not...he'll be 30 in Dec. :) Happy birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!! So beautiful. And, once again, I am drooling at your food comments. Ohhh, one day I must taste your sourdough chocolate cake sensation!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, J! You're still a young fella! :)