November 15, 2010

I think Christmas is going to sneak up on me this year. Our minds have been all over the place.

That being said, I want to share a way you can make an amazing impact on a child you have never met this Christmas. It's not too late to sponsor a child through Compassion International. They shared on their blog the other day about what Christmas is like for an unsponsored child. For only $38 a month, you can help a child be released from the chains of poverty.

Sponsoring is a great first step, but communicating with these little ones is what gives them the message that they matter. That they are not forgotten. I read this post the other day and I've been changed ever since. If you read nothing else today please read that.

It can be tough to know what to write. This post was actually inspired by my buddy Katie who shared honestly on her blog about the struggle. This blogger has a lot of letter writing ideas and tips for what you can send to your sponsored child. Our sweet little fellow Angelo always draws us a picture, shares a Bible verse, and tells us about school and the people in his life. What gets me the most choked up though is that he asks for our prayer requests because he wants to pray for us. It is so humbling to know an eight year-old little boy in Colombia is praying for me.

If you already sponsor one of God's little ones through an organization, I encourage you to renew your zeal for growing a relationship with him or her. Whatever you do with this information, I hope it spurs you on to look out for "the least of these" each day.

1 comment: