May 11, 2010

What a whirlwind the past couple of weeks have been! Lots of fun socializing, my 2010 Tour de Oregon, and a visit from Jonathan's parents.

I went to Oregon for a week for a couple of reasons: My Grandma June and Aunt Susie from Canada were in town, I threw Amber a bridal shower, and I was long overdue for an Oregon Trip. I can't believe my last visit was July 2009, oops!

While in Eugene, we checked out the new Duck baseball stadium and academic center, went to a Duck spring football game, ate lots of food, and laughed a ton.
I made a quick trip North to Corvallis to see my Azalea House buddies for some coffee, dinner, and dessert. Such great ladies!
The time I spent in Portland was mostly with my dear friend Amber. She is getting married this summer and I was able to throw her a shower while I was in town. It was also so nice to get to spend more time with her than just a coffee date. I got to see my Portland buddies Karly and Amber C. too. They have some very sweet kiddos who romped around on a playground while we chatted.
Jonathan's parents came down for a visit this past weekend. We got to show them around Santana Row and take them for a hike. It was nice to spend some quality time with them because we usually have to juggle so many people when we are in Oregon.

And, I got my first Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) delivery today! I'm still recovering from how beautiful and vibrant my strawberries, sugar snap peas, broccoli, oranges, and yukon potatoes are! Yum! What a joy to have such a bounty of spring treats!

I hope everyone is able to enjoy some sunshine and flowers this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment