February 2, 2010

Taking a break from studying Accounting to give a thankfulness report. 

Jonathan is working on a sermon that he will be giving tomorrow morning at intern class and tomorrow night at youth group. He has been busy with that almost every weeknight lately. I have been busy with accounting work almost every weeknight lately. Both our jobs have been demanding. Both of us have gotten sick recently. Weekends have been filled with fun social activities and volunteer opportunities. So much for hibernating :)

In making meals for new moms, helping people move, cooking meals for recovering addicts with our home group, and going to birthday parties and dinner dates, we have been overcome with gratitude. A couple Sundays ago we realized our after-church-lunch-crew had multiplied so that we needed two separate tables to fit everyone! And three of the couples have children now! God really plopped us into an amazing community down here. We couldn't ask for more, we are so blessed.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that stood out in a sea of  "I'd rather be flyfishing" or "I'd rather be kayaking" bumper stickers. It said, "I'd rather be here, now." Pretty profound for a bumper sticker I think. While we eagerly anticipate and hope in the glory of Heaven, we have so much to be thankful for. Right here, right now.

1 comment:

  1. Quite profound, indeed. I love it. What a great reminder to be thankful. God is good - all the time.

    ReplyDelete