February 16, 2010

We went to Santa Barbara for Valentine's/Presidents Day weekend. My family went in 2003 and I loved it so much I have always wanted to go back. For a Christmas gift, Jonathan said I could pick a weekend to go.

There was not a cloud in the brilliant blue sky and it was a comfortable mid-70's the whole time. We ate nearly every meal outside. It was so nice. And we stayed at a great little inn (shown below). I took a lot of pictures of the architecture because it is so beautiful; white-washed stucco, red roofs, black wrought iron, colorful tile, and flowering clinging vines and trees. When we have a house one day, I would love to have a kitchen that reflects the Santa Barbara essence.

We walked up and down the beaches and saw a lot of different birds. Jonathan's favorites were the pelicans. We walked to the end of Stearn's Wharf and to the end of State Street. We were strolling around by the harbor and heard a bagpipe playing in the distance and followed the tune until we got to the top of a hill overlooking the wharf. A woman was practicing her bagpipe so we sat and listened and took in the view. It was one of our favorite parts of the trip. 

It was such a nice weekend away after the busy weeks we have had lately.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment